Client based in Pretoria.
Role Summary: Responsible for reports, batch process, user security, component inventory, data conversions, integrations diagrams.
- Java 5.
- EJB 3.
- Interface development – web service (UDDI), xml, xslt, xsd, ESB Mule.
- Conversion programs from excel to pdf, excel, word.
- Reporting – Pentho.
- Programs to do email, printing, sms.
- Workflow making use of JBPM (Jboss BPM), approval process and escalations.
- Common component to be developed of logging – Logging (log4J).
- Java testing – Junit test for each Functional specification.
- Menu – role based menus.
- Security – Jass Oracle/PD, Shibboleth Token.
- Familiar with business process design concepts and principles.
- Knowledge of the functionality of the application to be developed.
- Knowledge of relational database concepts.
- Ability to transform customer requirements into a workable design at the functional and/or technical levels.
- Ability to translate functional requirements into technical terms relevant to the application to coordinate and assist with the detailed design tasks during Build.
- Facilitation experience for conducting user design and review sessions and running stakeholder agreement meetings
- Familiar with Joint Application Design (JAD) session, Conference Room Pilot (CRP), and similar approaches and principles.
- Assist in defining and reviewing requirements and use cases for the application.
- Use the business process requirements to drive out application requirements and metrics.
- Design the application to meet the business process design and application requirements.
- Validate the design with the stakeholders to ensure that the design satisfies the requirements.
- Supervise other designers or developers in completing designs.
- Inform the application architect, technical architect, and project manager of any issues that may affect other areas of the project.
- Participate in quality management reviews, as outlined in Verification and Validation Overview, ensuring the application design and related work products satisfy the requirements.
- Participate in transitioning the designs to the developers, and ensure a clear and complete understanding of the designs.
- Ensure that other team members, such as the technical designer, change enablement team, the integration solution designer, and the service introduction team, have the information they need to successfully complete their work.
- Complete all appropriate documentation required by the developers, testers, deployment team, and application management team that will maintain the application.
- Design the application user interfaces, classes, and components.